Thursday, June 6, 2013

Piece of truth...

My life seems to be at its best right now.
The opportunities that I have gotten is always a blessing I am forever thankful for.
Currently, I am in a training program; it's purpose is to equipped me with all the essentials I need.
I am really stepping into the real world now.
The so called working world. 

It is exactly a week ago that I decided to have a go at this.
I will not elaborate much on what the program is all about. 
From time to time, I will be updating on that I believe. 
So what will I be talking about now?
I am in the mood to talk about things that I came to realize from the talks that have been conducted in conjunction with the program I am undergoing now. 

Yesterday, the last session of the day was a talk about the Y Generation. 
Yes, some may recall that I have once written a post related to this issue. 
This time around, I am solely focusing on my generation; Generation Y.

A speaker was invited to talk us through the things we need to know about our generation. 
Fair enough to say that we are all well aware of what we are and how we conduct ourselves. 
But even when you think you know it all, you're not quite there yet. 
There will always be that little something that you missed out along the way. 
And that is what the talk provides me with; filling all the missing blanks. 

As an individual that is among the Y Gen, I have to admit that we are ambitious. 
At times too ambitious that we tend to be more vocal than practical. 
Many may not admit to this, but it really is. 
Ever heard of threats to leave the house, abandoned studies and etc. but then there you are still?
So there you go. 
It may not apply to all cases, but the mass is really just about the talks but never walk the talk. 

Another thing that I came to realize from yesterday's session was the fact that the views of generations earlier than the Gen Y seems to be so true rather than a misconception. 
We are the more flexible and adaptable to change than them. 
But we are also more laid-back and often take things lightly.
In other words we are not serious most of the times and that poses threat to oneself. 
We are at a positive altitude and negative altitude all at the same time. 
Truth is, we are not a born champion at balancing stuffs all the time. 
Many fail abruptly. 

The talk highlighted the strength of the Gen Y wholly. 
It also enlightened the weaknesses of the generation in depth as well. 
As hard as it is to accept all that, the truth speaks louder than anything else. 
I was open on anything that was to be thrown at me. 
I admit that Gen Y are not the best generation of all. 
We are at an advantage, but we need to be smart in taking up the challenges. 
We are smart, but we need to also stay grounded. 
Never ever feel content with where we are and what we are. 

Just bear this in mind, cloud nine is never to be our rightful place.




No comments:

Post a Comment