Sunday, January 13, 2013

His Big Day...

It has been quite sometimes since I last write a post.
So here’s a post for the lost time.

Last Friday was one of the most important days of my life.
Well not exactly mine to begin with.
But it was a moment to be remembered for sure.
It was the day my beloved and only big brother were to become a husband.

How time flies huh?

I sometimes still think my brother as a person who depended a lot on me.
It feels like only yesterday we were goofing around and made fools out of one another.
We may not be as close now as we are in yesteryears, but I love him.
Though at times annoying and irritating, he is what he is.
And he will always have my back like I always do.
He is my brother after all.

The ceremony took place in Kedah as my sister-in-law to be then was originated from Pendang.
It was a long journey heading there.
Mum decided to book a bus for both families; Mama’s and Baba’s family.
It was a big entourage people.
No doubt.



I wish I could elaborate more on the journey, but my journey there was another different story.
I was scheduled to have my final paper first thing 8.30am that day.
Bummer ey?
No worries, I still made it there.
Thanks to Mama for the flight ticket.
I wouldn’t miss it for the world; my first travel all by myself.
  
Brother was schedule for the akad nikah later that night after Isya’ prayer.
He and his own entourage were there earlier.
My arrival was greeted by them obviously.
I try to get a short nap, and bloody hell does my brother ensure the nap was short.
I assist him to wear ‘inai’ a few hours before the ceremony.
Not long after that, the entourage made their way there.
And the party was just getting started.



I was in charge of the ‘dulang hantaran’ from day 1.
Since the day is here, it was all up to me for the final touches.
It was a very simple design, but I’m so proud of how it turns out to be.
All made by me for the big day.







After all the suit up and make-up, we’re ready to head to the mosque.
I got to be honest, I was all touchy and I shed some tears.
It was kinda too good to be true.
My brother to be a husband already?
That kept playing over and over in my mind.
It was clear to see that he was nervous.
He went over to my mum and gave her a hug.
So did him to my grandmother.

He was always much closer to my little sister since we are all grown up now.
Lil sys couldn’t make it due to her presentation.
So it was only me and my little brother that was there.
I gave him a hug before we leave.
I was about to be all teary when my aunt snapped a photo of the hug.
What a moment that was.



The ‘akad nikah’ then took place.
All was well and with ‘sekali lafaz’ he is officially a husband.
My little brother and I were trying hard to not shed too many tears.
Shockingly Mama was all steady and smiles.
I did somehow predict she would be all emotional and caught in the moment.
Naah...she was A okay. 





With that we welcome the new addition to the family.
I finally have an older sister that I always wanted.
And what a joy that was. 
Everyone was all smiles.
Well who wouldn't be right?




So hello sister-in-law...


No comments:

Post a Comment