Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My circle


I used to be fine with the idea that I do have friends.
However recently it hit me hard when I am supposed to invite friends to my brother’s upcoming wedding.

It took me a long time to figure out my guest list.
Who do I really want to invite to the event?
Being the me that I am, I am a private person.

Talk to my closest friend, they might not even know what’s going on in my life.
Not because we’re not sharing or anything.
But that is just me.
The plain me.
Always keeping to oneself until the burden is no longer bearable.

So finally, after doing a lot of deep thinking, I finally have my guest list.
It keeps expanding from time to time for sure.
Most of my friends are no longer near me.
In other words, I don’t see them on a daily basis anymore.
Therefore, it took some time for me to get everyone into the list.

It may not be as many as people expect it to be.
But I am happy with those who made it to the list.
Just because, I love them so much.
And they matter a lot in my life.
Though we no longer have our daily hellos, it doesn’t mean that everything is already in the past.

Sometimes it is time like this that what one needs in life.
To have a moment to yourself and think about the loved ones.
Near of far it doesn’t matter.
What matters is that place in your heart will always be filled with them.
And that’s where they really should be.
My circle of friends. 
Best friends, sisters and brothers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment